International Sticky Toffee Pudding Day 2023: Sweet, sticky and oh so delicious, Sticky Toffee Pudding is the perfect dessert for any occasion. From family gatherings to restaurant menus, this classic British dessert is a beloved favorite across the globe. And now, on January 23rd of each year, everyone has an excuse to indulge in their favorite sweet treat – International Sticky Toffee Pudding Day! In this blog post we will delve into the history behind this yummy treat and find out why it’s become such a favorite around the world. We’ll also explore some variations of this classic recipe and how to make your own sticky toffee pudding for International Sticky Toffee Pudding Day or any other special occasion.
What is sticky toffee pudding?
Sticky toffee pudding is a dessert that originates from the United Kingdom. It is made with a sponge cake base and is covered in a toffee sauce. The pudding is often served with ice cream or whipped cream.
A brief history of sticky toffee pudding
The sticky toffee pudding is a dessert that has been around for centuries. The earliest known recipe dates back to the early 1800s, and it is thought to have originated in England. The pudding was originally made with leftover breadcrumbs, suet, sugar, and molasses.
The first recorded mention of sticky toffee pudding was in 1814, in a cookbook called The Cook’s Oracle. The recipe was very similar to the one we use today, except it did not include any baking soda or baking powder. It wasn’t until the late 1800s that these ingredients were added to the pudding recipes.
Sticky toffee pudding became popular in the United States in the 1970s, when British restaurants and hotels began serving it. Today, it is enjoyed by people all over the world.
How to make sticky toffee pudding
The sticky toffee pudding is a dessert that originates from England. It is a very popular dessert in the UK and is made using a variety of different ingredients including dates, toffee, and sponge cake. The pudding is often served with a caramel or toffee sauce, and sometimes ice cream.
Sticky toffee pudding is relatively easy to make at home, and only requires a few simple ingredients. Below is a recipe for how to make sticky toffee pudding:
-1 cup (200 grams) of chopped dates
-1 cup (240 ml) of boiling water
-1 teaspoon of baking soda
-1/2 cup (113 grams) of unsalted butter, softened
-1 cup (213 grams) of brown sugar, packed
-2 large eggs
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
-1 1/2 cups (188 grams) of all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon of baking powder
-1/4 teaspoon of salt
For the Sauce:
-1/2 cup (120 ml) of heavy cream
-1/4 cup (50 grams) of light brown sugar, packed -3 tablespoons (42 grams) of unsalted butter
Instructions: 1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Butter the sides and bottom of an 8×8 inch baking dish
Top 5 sticky toffee pudding recipes
When it comes to sticky toffee pudding, there are so many delicious recipes to choose from. So, for International Sticky Toffee Pudding Day, we’re celebrating by sharing our top 5 favorite recipes with you!
1. Classic Sticky Toffee Pudding: This recipe is a classic for a reason – it’s simply delicious. The rich, moist cake is smothered in a sticky toffee sauce that will have you licking your plate clean.
2. Chocolate Sticky Toffee Pudding: For all the chocolate lovers out there, this recipe is for you. The chocolate cake is dense and fudgy, and the chocolate toffee sauce is absolutely heavenly.
3. Spice Cake with Caramel Sauce: This recipe has all the flavors of fall – spice cake paired with a caramel sauce that’s studded with dried cranberries. It’s the perfect dessert for a chilly night in!
4. Orange Cake with Orange Sauce: This zesty take on sticky toffee pudding is perfect for summertime. The orange cake is light and fluffy, and the orange sauce is tart and sweet – it’s a perfect combination.
5. Maple Walnut Cake with Maple Syrup Sauce: This recipe features a maple walnut cake that’s topped with a maple syrup sauce – it’s like eating pancakes in cake form!
International Sticky Toffee Pudding Day is the perfect occasion to enjoy one of the most popular desserts from around the world. Whether you choose to make it yourself or order it in a restaurant, this sweet treat is sure to satisfy your taste buds with its unique combination of flavors. So next time January 23 rolls around don’t forget to celebrate International Sticky Toffee Pudding Day and savor every bite!
INTERNATIONAL STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING DAY DATES