Anganwadi workers and assistants organised healthy baby shows for children up to 2 years of age at all blocks of Ramgarh district on Thursday. The show was held as part of the World Breastfeeding Week being organised from August 1 till August 7.
The purpose of the week is to make people aware about the benefits of breastfeeding newborn babies up to 6 months.
Gifts were also distributed among the healthy children who came to the Anganwadi centres. On the occasion, mothers and caregivers were made aware about the benefits of breastfeeding on the physical development of the children.
For the successful organization of World Breastfeeding Week 2022, the roster for the whole week has been prepared by District Social Welfare Officer Kanak Kumari Tirkey on the instructions of Ramgarh Deputy Commissioner Madhavi Mishra.
Benefits of Breastfeeding:
- This boosts the immune system of the child.
- It helps in reducing infant mortality rate.
- It reduces the risk of developing respiratory tract infections, diseases such as diabetes, allergy, and childhood leukemia.
- It helps in enhancing the cognitive function of the child.
- Breast milk is extremely nutritious and healthy for the baby, which can help baby develop healthy weight.