Kl Rahul Biography: Another “Rahul” for the Indian cricket team, another Bangalore lad, and yet another solid batter. In addition to having the same name as Rahul Dravid, Kannur Lokesh Rahul also belongs to the same batting class. KL Rahul, who was born on April 18, 1992, in Mangalore, Karnataka, began his playing career with the U-19 Indian squad at the 2010 U-10 World Cup.
Kl Rahul Biography
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees:
|Rs. 99 Crore
|Rs. 20 Crore +
|Date of Birth:
|April 18, 1992
|1.8 M (5′ 9”)
Kl Rahul Early Life
KL KN Lokesh and Rajeshwari welcomed Rahul into the world on April 18, 1992, in Bangalore. At Mangalore’s National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK), Lokesh’s father is a professor and a former director. Professor Rajeshwari, his mother, teaches at Mangalore University. Sunil Gavaskar enthusiast Lokesh wanted to name his baby after the cricketer, but he thought Rohan Gavaskar’s name was Rahul.
Rahul was raised in Mangalore and attended St. Aloysius College for his pre-university studies before NITK English Medium School for his high school education. He began playing matches for both his club in Mangalore and Bangalore United Cricket Club two years after beginning his cricket training at the age of 10. He relocated to Bangalore at the age of 18 to attend Jain University and further his cricket career.
After courting for more than three years, Rahul wed Indian actress Athiya Shetty, the son of actor Sunil Setty, on January 23, 2023.
K. L. Rahul, commonly known as Kannur Lokesh Rahul, is an Indian cricketer who competes in all formats of the game for the Indian national side. He bats in the top order and occasionally keeps wickets.
In a Test match against Australia in December 2014, Rahul made his debut for the Indian team. In his second Test match, he made an early impression, becoming the first Indian batsman to do so in his first Test series in Australia.
Since that time, Rahul has consistently contributed to the success of the Indian team in all competitions. One of the few Indian batsmen to accomplish this record, he has made hundreds in each of the game’s three formats. He has also been a consistent player for the Kings XI Punjab (now Punjab Kings) of the Indian Premier League (IPL), serving as their leading scorer for numerous seasons.
Rahul’s career has experienced some setbacks because of injuries and form slumps, but he has always recovered with strong performances. He is renowned for his elegant strokeplay and has received recognition for his versatility, excelling as a wicketkeeper, middle-order player, and opener for the squad.
Facts about K. L. Rahul
The following information about K. L. Rahul is fascinating:
- Kannur Lokesh Rahul is the full name of K. L. Rahul. On April 18, 1992, he was born in Mangalore, Karnataka, India.
- At the age of 11, Rahul began playing cricket and trained with his father, a professor of civil engineering and former cricketer.
- Rahul made his Karnataka first-class debut in 2010 and was a crucial part of the team’s 2014–15 Ranji Trophy victory.
- Rahul has received recognition for his graceful strokeplay and technique, and his favourite shot is the cover drive.
- Rahul is one of the few Indian batsmen to have scored a century in each of the three international cricket forms, Test, ODI, and T20I.
- Rahul is a brilliant musician who plays the guitar in his leisure time and plays cricket in addition to it. He has even written the score for a Kannada movie.
- Rahul is well-recognised for being physically strong and has received recognition for his commitment to leading a disciplined and healthy lifestyle.
- Rahul was chosen to lead the Kings XI Punjab (now known as the Punjab Kings) in the 2020 Indian Premier League (IPL).
- Rahul has also played for a number of Indian local teams, including Royal Challengers Bangalore and Sunrisers Hyderabad, and represented India in the Under-19 World Cup.
- Rahul was chosen to be a member of the Indian team for the Test series against England in 2021, however, he was unable to play because of an injury.