Vishwakarma Puja 2022: Vishwakarma Puja is an auspicious festival celebrated with great religious regard and reverence by the devotees in India. Dedicated to Lord Vishwakarma, the Vishwakarma Puja is a significantly pious festival representing the divinity of Vishwakarma as an architecture, carpenter and the creator of the world, including the masterpiece called Dwarka, the living place of Lord Shri Krishna. Lord Vishwakarma is hailed as the engineer of the Gods, and he is one of the deities who finds a mention in the Rig Veda. He is said to have come into being on Kanya Sankranti day (a day when the Sun migrates to the Kanya/Virgo sign). Therefore, the date of Vishwakarma puja more or less remains the same every year as per the Gregorian calendar. Architects, carpenters, engineers, technicians, mechanics and sculptors worship him and, therefore, special pujas or organised at factories, mills and workshops to honour the designer of the Universe. As every year, this auspicious puja will also take place this year as well on 17 September,2022 and the time of Sankranti is 1:29 am.
Lord Vishwakarma is celebrated as an engineer/ carpenter/ mechanic/ architect/ sculptor of the Gods. He built Lord Krishna’s Dwarika (which is now said to be submerged in the Arabian Sea), Ravana’s Lanka etc. Moreover, Lord Vishwakarma is also said to have constructed the world-famous Jagannath temple in Puri. Furthermore, Lord Shiva’s Trishul, Lord Vishnu’s Sudarshana Chakra, Ravana’s Pushpak Vimana and Indra’s Vajra (thunderbolt) are also believed to be Vishwakarma’s creations.
When talking about Vishwakarma puja, its significance hits our memories. Mainly all shops, industries, and factories observe this day. During the day, workers refrain from their regular tools and worship for a good, bright future along with safe working conditions. The smooth functioning of machines is also requested to the lord. The significance of Vishwakarma Jayanti is considered as a resolution period for all the craftsmen and workers to improve their productivity. Also, it is treated as a time for gaining inspiration from the lord to create new things and think of new ideas. Vishwakarma puja is also celebrated next to Diwali, along with Govardhan puja.
Vishwakarma Pooja Rituals:
- Pooja and rituals are performed both at workplaces and temples on this day.
- Place the idol of the deity along with the Pooja samagri in the Pooja area the previous night.
- On the Pooja day, clean the tools/instruments and sit facing the east.
- Chant Mantras.
- Light a diya and perform the Aarti.
- Take the Aarti to the room where the machines are. This is to get divine blessings for these machines and to prevent accidents while working.
- Apply some turmeric and vermilion on the machines for good luck.
- Then pray to Lord Vishwakarma.
- Immerse the idol in water the next morning.
- In places like West Bengal and Bihar, there is a kite-flying festival on the day of this Pooja. The entire sky is festooned with bright and colorful kites.
Signification Of Vishwakarma Puja
Vishwakarma Puja is celebrated in Assam, Tripura, West Bengal, Odisha, Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh and Karnataka.
- The rituals are performed in factories and mechanics/ artisans/ technicians/sculptors/carpenters’ workshops. Last but not least, pray for success in their professional/business endeavours.
- On the day of the Puja, technicians/workers worship the deity and their tools/ equipment.
- People seek the blessings of Lord Vishwakarma for success in their business/establishment.
- Workers seek his blessings and pray to him for protecting their workspace from mishaps or any untoward incidents.
- The Puja is also conducted annually to ward off negativities or evil energies from the workspace.
- This puja is performed to commemorate lord Vishwakarma as a divine civil engineer and architect who has created the world and is considered a very trusted divinity among gods.
- Vishwakarma puja is one of the most religiously revered festivals celebrated to commemorate the divine lord Vishwakarma and his contributions as a divine engineer and architect who created the world.
Performing puja for this “Devashilpi” helps the performer to please the deity and get the lord blessings for a wealthy and happy life. It bestows a successful professional life for the performer. The puja makes sure the smooth functioning of tools and modern machines provide the safest working condition. And supports immensely to overcome obstacles one may face in career/workplace.
Here’s wishing you and your family a very happy Vishwakarma Puja 2022.