Activate TiVo Stream 4K: Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your device and turn on TiVo Stream 4K. Open a browser on your computer or phone when you get to the login screen.
Enter your TiVo.com username and password at tivo.com/activate/stream4k to log in. The following screen will show up.
- Type in the code to activate it.
- Type in the letters and/or numbers that are shown in the white “Captcha” box. Click “Reload captcha” if you can’t read the letters or numbers.
- “Activate Device” should seem.
- After you enter the right information and agree to the rules, this screen will go away, and the setup will continue on its own.
How to Set Up a TiVo DVR for Service
Please check to see if the gadget is already active with a service before you buy it or sign up for one of the TiVo Service Plans.
The device is linked to the AIP service.
- Get the seller to permit you to take ownership of the gadget.
- Once permission to move is given, use chat to contact TiVo Customer Support and ask for a title transfer.
- Tell the chat worker the 15-digit TiVo Service Number.
- The device is set up for monthly or yearly service.
- Talk to the seller to make sure the service is still going.
- You should tell the seller to stop the service if it is still running. This is so that it’s easier to set up the device for your account.
- There is no service on the gadget and it is not working.
- If you are already a customer, go to My Account.
- Set up the device with the service plan you want. To learn more about service plans, go to TiVo Service Plans and Policies.
- To finish the process, follow the steps shown on the screen.
Note: If you don’t already have an account, make one and then follow the steps above.
How to Hook Up a TiVo to Your Home Network
It is recommended that you connect your TiVo to a wired network.
Ethernet ports let you connect your router to other network devices, whether it’s wired or wireless. If you want to connect your TiVo EDGE, TiVo BOLT, TiVo Roamio, or TiVo Premiere, you should use a wired link instead of a wifi one. It may be faster.
To use a wired link, all you have to do is connect an Ethernet cord from your computer to the TiVo.
For new TiVo users, Guided Setup will start immediately as soon as the device is turned on. You will be asked to enter settings that will let the TiVo connect to your network during Guided Setup.
Customers who already have a TiVo: If you need to change how your network is set up and are using a wifi connection, go to How to Set Up Network Settings on Your TiVo Device.
Series 2, Series 3, and Series 4 TiVos that need a wired USB port (N-adapter or G-adapter): The Ethernet cord should be connected to both the router and the wired device. After that, connect the wired adapter’s USB end to the TiVo’s USB port on the back.