BTech Admission 2022: Bachelors of Technology is a 4-year undergraduate professional degree program and is abbreviated as B-Tech commonly. This course is a platform for students to start their bright careers in the field of technology. There are various specializations in which the students can opt for the course are B-Tech Mechanical Engineering, B-Tech IT, B-Tech Biotechnology, B-Tech Computer Science, and so on.
Some top B-Tech colleges in India are VIT Vellore, IIST Thiruvananthapuram, and IIT Bombay. Students aspiring for the B-tech program are admitted via a national, state, or institute-level entrance exam. These admissions are usually every year starts from May to June in India.
Eligibility Criteria for B-Tech Admission
Students are required to meet the following conditions:
- Completing the 12th standard is mandatory for all students with subjects of physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology.
- In the last examination of 10+2 students must score almost 55% on an average basis.
B-Tech Admission Fee Structure
The fee structure of B-Tech is different as per the college type, such in private colleges fee is INR 2.5 to 5 LPA and in it’s the fee is INR 2 to 4.5 LPA.
BTech Admission Highlights
|B.Tech Full form||Bachelor of Technology|
|BTech Duration||4 years|
|B.Tech Eligibility||Matriculation with-60% marks, Sr. Secondary (10+2) 70% marks (Aggregate) & minimum 60% marks in PCM, Computer Science/PCB for Biotechnology without the gap between 10th and 12th.|
|Bachelor of Technology Average Fees||Rs 60,000 to Rs 8 lakh|
|BTech Admission||Merit and Entrance Exam|
|B.Tech Course Subjects|
|Best BTech Colleges|
|Bachelor of Technology Specializations|
BTech Application Form 2022
Application forms for B-Tech admission are made available for students in the online mode. Admissions in this course are mostly entrance exam based and only a few universities are there that offer direct entries. A University level entrance exam is conducted by the Deemed Universities and other Universities accept the national or state exam score. Some popular exams for B-Tech admissions are WBJEE, BITSAT, JEE Advanced, and JEE Main.
BTech Admission 2022: How to Apply?
The first thing to apply for B-Tech admission is having an entrance exam qualifying score. Other details for applying to this course are given as:
- Students when applying to the deemed universities must follow the admission process of the respective university and in case of passing a national entrance exam apply through the centralized admission system.
- In both cases, an application form along with a registration fee will be submitted.
- Once the application process is done students might then be called for an interview.
- At the end of the process, a merit list will be issued.
Top Specializations in B.Tech
BTech is a very versatile program that includes a ton of specializations for the aspirants to choose from. In Layman’s terms, Btech is a big tree with a lot of branches which can be called specializations. Here is the list of top specializations that the Btech aspirants can pursue to build a strong career as engineers:
Btech Computer Science
A four-year undergraduate program in B. Tech in Computer Science & Engineering gives learners the skills to create hardware/software systems, components, or methods to satisfy objectives while working within practical restrictions.
A student will be qualified to work in an interdisciplinary group, develop and resolve engineering challenges, and create and compare approaches, techniques, and methods after successfully completing the program. The curriculum has a strong priority on the digitalization of technologies that help students develop their understanding of arithmetic and algorithms.
Btech Information Technology
In the four-year B.Tech. in Information Technology program, IT professors train students to become proficient programmers in significantly greater languages and to collaborate successfully with clientele and other group representatives to evaluate, define, configure, enforce, assess, and report software that satisfies client requirements.
Additionally, it equips students with the ability to learn innovative computer-related expertise on their own as technology advances, to explain technical ideas to non-technical people, create a strategy for integrating equipment and applications into a specific environment, and to carry out themselves in a morally acceptable and highly qualified manner.
Btech Mechanical Engineering
The four-year, full-time B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering program is organized into eight semesters. This program’s primary goal is to give students practical expertise in the domain of automotive engineering using mechanical engineering as a foundation. Advanced technologies used in the production and operation of all different types of autos and auto parts are introduced to the participants. The main goal is to equip the learners with the knowledge and abilities necessary for success in the automotive industry.
One of the top engineering specialties is B. Tech in Biotechnology, also termed as B.tech in Biotechnology. Any technical use of biological components or live beings to develop or alter goods or procedures for a particular purpose is referred to as biotechnology. “Antibiotics” were also created via biotechnology.
Technologies, exploration, and innovation are all combined in the biotechnology bachelor’s degree program. It’s a more research-focused degree that covers coursework in genetic engineering, chemical engineering, and applied biology. This subject is relevant to the usage of factory & industrial operations, biological species, agribusiness, and pharmaceuticals.
Btech Electronics Engineering
A four-year undergraduate curriculum called the B. Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering teaches the fundamentals of subjects like controlling networks, networking, radio wave designing, data processing, nanotechnology, microchips, power production, and electric drives. The National Board of Accreditation has approved the program (NBA).
The program’s syllabus includes challenging courses in disciplines including Network Theory & Composition, Software Processing in Python, Digital System Design, Computer chip and Microchip with Interfacings, and Software Programming in Python. Candidates in this degree generally study how to create technological advances that can be used to enhance electrical and communication systems.
B.Tech Admission Entrance Test 2022
B.Tech admission can be taken in UGC-approved state, and private universities/colleges after passing any of the following entrance exams.
- JEE Main
- The Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) is being introduced for admission in various engineering institutes in India.
- JEE Main is being conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- It is organized in the computer-based mode.
- Candidates who have passed the 12th/equivalent exam in 2020, and 2021 irrespective of their age can appear in the exam.
- The application fee for JEE Main is INR 650.
- The BITSAT 2022 online application form is currently active and will last till 10 June 2022.
- The exam is recognized as a competitive engineering test in India.
- The test is conducted in an online mode to offer admission to the B.Tech program.
- All 12th pass-outs can apply, and appear in the BITSAT exam.
- MHT CET is a state common test organized by Maharashtra Government for Technical, and Engineering courses admission.
- Candidates who have completed their 12th or equivalent study from the approved board can seek to appear in this state-level exam. The minimum percentage required is 45 in the previous qualifying exam.
- All unreserved categories can register by depositing INR 800.
BTech Career Aspects & Scope
Engineers are those who have successfully completed their BTech program. Engineers will have a prefix applied based on their specialization. For instance, someone who has finished both computer science and engineering will be referred to as a computer engineer, while someone who has finished nuclear science will be referred to as a nuclear engineer. B.Tech graduates have two options: they can either begin working or continue their education by earning a master’s degree and far above.
Following completion of a B.Tech., the following job options are listed according to the specializations chosen by aspirants:
- Computer Science Engineer: A person who develops, tests, and evaluates the software that powers computers is often referred to as a computer engineer. They frequently contribute to the creation of software and video games.
- Mechanical Engineer: Machines that generate power are the main focus of mechanical engineers. Electrical power stations, intrinsic ignition motors, rotors, freezers, and even air conditioning units are examples of this equipment.
- Automobile Engineer: Automobile engineers are specialists who work on the creation of motorbikes, lorries, buses, cars, and various automobiles. Automobile engineers also work on item innovation and vehicle modification.
- Aeronautical Engineer: A professional who deals with aircraft is known as an aerospace engineer. He or she is principally concerned in developing power equipment for aviation. An aeronautical engineer also researches the aerodynamic properties of building materials and airplanes.
- Civil Engineer: An expert who plans, designs, builds, maintains, and operates infrastructure while considering the effects on the ecosystem and public welfare is known as a civil engineer.
Salary for B.Tech grads varies according to experience and education. In India, the typical B.Tech income varies from INR 2.5 to 6 LPA. By pursuing more education or gaining professional expertise, students can raise their income even further.
Why Study BTech?
B-Tech program is a dream for students who are linked with the field of science and technology. Below are given the details about the importance of this program:
- One of the foremost features of this course is that it is provided in more than 100 specializations.
- As we know that the world is going to take a step forward with new technologies and this course provides experts to solve the issues related to these technologies.
- Mostly the individuals remain worried about their career thus after completing this course they can be hired for top positions in the field.