Himachal Pradesh University Admission 2022: Himachal Pradesh University was founded in 1970 and is located in Himachal Pradesh. A variety of courses are available there at UG, PG & PhD levels. Students must meet specific requirements before they can apply for admission. Some courses need an entrance exam, while others just require previous academic achievement. HPU is a state university that accepts students for UG, PG, and some PhD-level programs.
Himachal Pradesh University Trending Updates:
- Himachal Pradesh University Admission 2022 last date was 30 June 2022. Click here
- HPU B.Ed Admission 2022 has been closed, the last date to apply was 6 May 2022. Click here for more details.
- The last date of submission of assignment submission for MA Education 2nd semester at Himachal Pradesh University was 25 March 2022. Click here
- HP University has published the result of PhD entrance test result. Click here
- The schedule for the 2nd round of online counselling for admission to BAMS/BHMS Courses for the academic session 2021-22. Click here.
Notice regarding submission of examination forms for M.Ed 3rd Semester and B.Ed. The deadline to submit examination forms is 25 February 2022 and late fees will apply thereafter. Click here
- Revised schedule of colleges seat distribution for BAMS/BHMS courses. Click Here
- Merit list of MD/MS(Ayurveda) courses for the academic session 2021-22. Click Here
- General combined merit list of BAMS/BHMS Courses for the academic session 2021-22. Click Here
Himachal Pradesh University Admission Highlights
|University Name||Himachal Pradesh University|
|Type of University||State University|
|Founded||22 July 1970|
|Offered UG Courses||BA, B.Com, BFA, B.Sc.|
|Offered PG Courses||M.Phil|
|Address||Gyan-Path, Summer-Hill, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171005|
Himachal Pradesh University Admission 2022
HPU set eligibility criteria for having a 10+2 level qualification to be enrolled in UG courses with a minimum 50% score. To apply for a PG course, students must have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field from any recognized university in India.
- For getting entry to a BDS program at HPU, it is mandatory for students to qualify NEET UG entrance exam.
- Along with the entrance exam NEET UG score, students must obtain a 50% minimum score in the intermediate for making their selections secured at HPU.
- HPU provides an M-Tech degree in computer science for which a minimum score of 55% in B-Tech qualification or equivalent is necessary to obtain.
HPU Pre Admission 2022
Himachal Pradesh University will release the application form for HPU Pre Admission 2022 on 11th April 2022. The university provides UG and PG programs such as BALLB, BBA, BCA, BEd, MA, MCom, MBA, M.Tech MCA, MSc, MFA, etc. For students to be eligible, they must pass their 10+2 exams and have graduated from any stream with a minimum of 40% to 50% in relevant subjects.
Students are selected based on both the entrance exam and the merit list. Students can carefully fill out the hpushimla.in Pre Admission application form and read the instructions before filling it out the form. At the university, the mode of the application is online and the mode of the counselling is offline. The last date to apply for HUP Pre Admission 2022 to entrance-based courses was 1 May 2022.
HPU UG Admission
- B.Sc: Himachal Pradesh University Admission offers a Bachelor of Science degree program in Nursing that takes four years to complete. There are several colleges affiliated with this university that offer BSc Nursing programs that are approved by the Indian Nursing Council. Admission to this programme is available to students who have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their main subjects.
- BA: There are numerous BA courses offered at Himachal Pradesh University for students from the arts or any stream. A minimum of 50% must be achieved on the 12th board examination in any discipline. The educational institution must be recognized by the government of India.
HPU B.Ed Admission 2022
Himachal Pradesh University offers Bachelor’s degree in Education. B.Ed is an undergraduate level professional programmer which takes a minimum of 2 years to complete. Candidates who want to take admission to this course must have completed any UG degree in the relevant field in order to be considered for admission. Himachal Pradesh University Admission 2022 for B.Ed programme has been mentioned below:
|Application form Start||8 April 2022|
|HPU Admission Last Date||6 May 2022|
|Application form correction||7 May – 9 May 2022|
|Admit Card||17 May 2022|
|HPU Entrance Exam||27 May 2022|
|Exam Result||7 July 2022|
|HP University Merit List||15 July 2022|
Himachal Pradesh University PG Admission
- MA: The University offers a variety of master’s degree programs in subjects such as Hindi, English, Music, Persian, Philosophy, etc. A bachelor’s degree from a government-approved institute in any relevant field can be used to apply for admission to this course at this university.
- M.Sc: A Master of Science is a postgraduate degree that can be earned in two years. HPU accepts applications from students who have completed their bachelor’s degree in science.
HP University Admission 2022 Important Date
|Application form Start||8 April 2022|
|HPU Admission 2022 Last Date||30 June 2022|
|Merit List||15 July 2022|
|Counselling||2 August 2022|
HP University Application Form 2022
- The Application form will be available on the University Website.
- Choose the desired program in the list of UG/PG/Ph.D/cetificate/Diploma.
- Read the instructions carefully before filling online Application Form.
- After clicking on the program, a pop will be open for terms & conditions.
- The Personal Information Page will be open, Fill in the details and click on Submit button.
- The System will generate the unique registration number along with Password. Applicants are advised to note the same.
- The Unique Registration number and Password will be sent to your registered mobile number and e-mail address.
- After that, you can continue and fill in other required information.
- Upload the Photograph, Signature, and other important documents.
- To save the data, click on the “Continue and Save” button.
- The Payment Page will be open; make the Payment through HDFC/Cooperative bank.
- In last, Submit Application Form and check all the details before clicking.
Himachal Pradesh University Course Admissions
|Advanced Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (APGDCA)||1 Year|
|B.A. (Arabic)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Computer Applications)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Drawing and Painting)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Economics)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Education)||3 Years|
|B.A. (English Literature)||3 Years|
|B.A. (English)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Fashion Designing)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Foreign Trade and Practice)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Geography)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Hindi Literature)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Hindi)||3 Years|
|B.A. (History)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Home Science)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Mathematics)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Military Studies)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Music Vocal)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Office Management)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Persian)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Philosophy)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Physical Education)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Political Science)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Psychology)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Sanskrit)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Sociology)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Statistics)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Tourism and Hotel Management)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Travel and Tourism Management)||3 Years|
|B.A. (Urdu)||3 Years|
|B.Com. (Hons.)||3 Years|
|B.Ed. (Special Education)||1 Year|
|B.Sc. (Agriculture)||4 Years|
|B.Sc. (Biotechnology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Botany)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Chemistry)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Computer Applications)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Computer Science)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Economics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Environmental Science)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Geography)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Home Science)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Industrial Chemistry)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Industrial Microbiology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Mathematics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Microbiology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Military Science)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Physics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Sports Science and Physiology)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Statistics)||3 Years|
|B.Sc. (Zoology)||3 Years|
|B.Tech. (Chemical Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.Tech. (Computer and Information Science)||3 Years|
|B.Tech. (Electrical Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.Tech. (Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering)||4 Years|
|B.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering)||4 Years|
|Bachelor of Library and Information Science (B.Lib.I.Sc.)||1 Year|
|Certificate Course In Tourism and Hotel Management||1 Year|
|Diploma Course in Yoga Education||1 Year|
|Diploma in Computer Application (DCA)||1 Year|
|Diploma in Fashion Design||1 Year|
|Diploma in Interior Design||1 Year|
|Diploma in Modern Office Management||3 Years|
|Diploma in Photography||1 Year|
|Diploma in Television & Video Production||6 Months|
|Diploma in Textile Design||1 Year|
|Diploma in Tourism Studies||1 Year|
|M.A. (Drawing and Painting)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Economics)||2 Years|
|M.A. (English)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Geography)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Hindi)||2 Years|
|M.A. (History)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Home Science)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Mathematics)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Music)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Persian)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Philosophy)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Political Science)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Psychology)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Sanskrit)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Social Work)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Sociology)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Statistics)||2 Years|
|M.A. (Urdu)||2 Years|
|M.B.A. (Marketing)||2 Years|
|M.Pharm. (Pharmaceutics)||2 Years|
|M.Pharm. (Pharmacology)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Analytical & Applied Economics)||2 Years|
|M.Phil. (Ancient Indian History Culture & Archaeology)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Agronomy)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Applied Chemistry)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Applied Mathematics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Applied Physics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Botany)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Chemistry)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Environmental Science)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Mathematics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Military Science)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Physics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Statistics)||2 Years|
|M.Sc. (Zoology)||2 Years|
|Master of Rural Management (MRM)||2 Years|
|P.G. Diploma in Yoga Education (D.Y.Ed.)||1 Year|
|PG Diploma in Microbiology||1 Year|
|PGDCP – Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Programming||1 Year|
|PGDJMC – Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Pathology||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (P.G.D.C.A.)||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship Development||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Management (PGDEM)||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Fashion Designing||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy||18 Months|
Himachal Pradesh University Scholarships
Negi Utkrisht Chhatervritti Yojna: It is also known as Thakur Sen Negi Utkrisht Chhatervritti Yojna. A total of 100 ST boys and girls who have enrolled for Himachal Pradesh University Admission will benefit from this program. Those candidates received a grade of 72% or more in the 10th grade, as determined by the HP Board of Schools Education. 100 boys and 100 girls from the ST group who received 72% or higher in the 10+2 class are eligible for the scholarship. The scholarship is worth Rs.11,000 per year.
Dr. Ambedkar’s Medhavi Chattervriti Yojana: The University awards scholarships to the top 1000 meritorious SC students. The same applies to the top 1000 students. This is done through the results of the HP Board of Schools Education, Dharamshala’s Matriculation Examination. These students are studying at an approved institution outside the state. It is important to note that renewal in the 10+1 Class / First Year Course will be contingent upon good performance in the 10+2 Class / 2nd Year. The scholarship is worth Rs10,000 annually.
Distinct Features of Himachal Pradesh University
- Fair and creditable semester system of examinations
- Special assistance departments of History, Physics, Bio-Technology, Chemistry, Bio-Sciences
- Academic Staff College is one of the best in India
- Commendable performance in sports and cultural activities at the national level.
- Congenial environment for higher studies
- A substantial number of students qualify for NET, GATE, and other competitive examinations every year.
- Accredited by National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC)
- UGC recognized Centre for Excellence in Himalayan Studies
- Pioneered NRI (Self Financing) Scheme
- First to start Distance Education in the country
- Intellectually and Professionally enriched faculty
- HPU Alumni Excelled in All Spheres
- Linkages with national and international institutions
- The culture of holding seminars, workshops, conferences, symposia, etc.
- National level achievements in NCC, NSS, and youth welfare programs.
- Free education to girl students.
- One seat is reserved in each department for a single girl child.
Himachal Pradesh University Affiliated Colleges List
- Govt. College Chowari, Distt. Chamba
- WRS Govt. College Dehri, Distt. Kangra
- Govt. College, Dharampur, Mandi
- Govt. College, Dhaliara, Distt. Kangra
- Govt. College Dharamshala, Distt. Kangra
- Swami Vivekanand Govt. Degree College, Distt. Bilaspur
- Govt. College, Hamirpur
Himachal Pradesh University Contact Details:
- Address: Summer Hill, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171005
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Phone: 0177 283 3555
- HPU Official Website: