Maniyanpilla Raju Biography: Maniyanpilla Raju is an Indian actor and producer who has primarily performed in the Malayalam film industry. He filmography includes Poovan, Maheshum Maruthiyum, and Maheshum Maruthiyum. He has appeared in well-known films such as Poovan and Maheshum Maruthiyum. Maniyanpilla Raju has worked in prominent…
Maniyanpilla Raju Biography
Raju was born in 1955 in Thycaud, Trivandrum, as the second of four children to Shekharan Nair and Saraswati Amma. His sisters are Ramani and Radha, and he has a sibling named Surendran. Trivandrum’s Government Model Boys Higher Secondary School provided his primary education. He completed his prerequisites at Victory Tutorial College.He received a diploma in acting from the Adyar Film Institute in Madras (now Chennai) between 1973 and 1975.
Karthikeyan has appeared in over 200 films over the course of his career. He was born on April 20, 1955, in Thycaud, Thiruvananthapuram, to Saraswati Amma and Shekharan Nair. His ancestors originated in Thycaud. Surendran, Ramani, and Radha are his three brothers and sisters. Before attending Victory Tutorial College, he accomplished his primary education at the Government Model Boys Higher Secondary School in Thiruvananthapuram. Following graduation, he attended Victory Tutorial College.
He attended Chennai’s Adyar Film Institute and received a certificate in filmmaking.
photography during the year 1975. His biography was titled Chirichum Chirickchoo and was published in 2012. He married Indira, with whom he had two sons: Sachin, the eldest, and Niranjan, the younger. Black Butterfly was Niranjan Renjith’s directorial debut with his son.
Maniyanpilla Raju awards
The Indian film actor and producer Maniyanpilla Raju has received numerous accolades and distinctions for his contributions to the film industry. Here are some of the prestigious honours and distinctions he has received:
- National Film Award for the Best Malayalam Feature Film – This award was given to Maniyanpilla Raju in 2011 for producing the Malayalam film “Indian Rupee.”
- He was awarded the Kerala State Film Award for Best Actor in 1986 for his role in the Malayalam film “Achan Kombathu Amma Varambathu.”
- Maniyanpilla Raju won the Filmfare Award for Best Film (Malayalam) in 2012 for producing the Malayalam film “Beautiful.”
- He was honoured with the Asiavision Awards for Excellence in Malayalam Cinema in 2014 for his outstanding contributions to the Malayalam film industry.
- Maniyanpilla Raju has won multiple Kerala Film Critics Association distinctions, including the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Other Awards – He has also received the J.C. Daniel accolade, which is the highest accolade for lifetime achievement in the Malayalam film industry. In recognition of his contributions to the film industry, he has also received the Mohan Raghavan Memorial Award and the Bharathamuni Award.
Maniyanpilla Raju Family
K. R. Pillai, a well-known film producer in the Malayalam cinema industry, was his father. During the 1950s and 1960s, he produced numerous successful films.
Mother: Saraswathi Amma was the mother of Maniyanpilla Raju. She was a domestic woman.
Spouse: Maniyanpilla Raju is married to Suma Raju. They have two children: Niranj Maniyanpilla Raju, who is also a thespian, and Lakshmi Maniyanpilla Raju, who is also an actor.
Brother: Ravindranathan is Maniyanpilla Raju’s brother. He has produced several films under the banner of Maniyanpilla Raju Productions as a film producer.
Overall, Maniyanpilla Raju hails from a family with a lengthy film industry pedigree, and he has continued with his successful career as an actor and film producer.
In 1985, Maniyanpilla Raju wed Indira, Graced with two sons, the eldest of whom is Sachin. Niranj, Renjith’s younger son, made his debut in Black Butterfly. In 2012, he published a book titled Chirichum Chirippichum containing his memoirs. In 2019, he opened Be @ Kiwizo in Kannur, Kerala’s first restaurant with mechanical waiters.
Maniyanpilla Raju’s net worth or net income is estimated to be $1 million – $5 million dollars. He has made such an amount of wealth from his primary career as an Actor.
Maniyanpilla Raju Facts
The following are a few intriguing facts about Maniyanpilla Raju:
- Maniyanpilla Raju was born on 19 January 1954 in Kottayam, Kerala, India.
- In 1981, he made his acting début in the Malayalam film “Chiriyo Chiri.”
- Maniyanpilla Raju has appeared in over 300 films, including Malayalam, Tamil, and Hindi.
- His production company, Maniyanpilla Raju Productions, has also produced a number of successful films.
- Maniyanpilla Raju won the prestigious National Film Award for Best Malayalam Feature Film for his film “Indian Rupee.”
- In addition, he received the Kerala State Film Award for Best Actor for his performance in “Achan Kombathu Amma Varambathu.”
- Renowned for his versatility as an actor, having portrayed a vast array of characters throughout his tenure.
- He has contributed substantially to numerous social causes, including education and healthcare, as a philanthropist.
- Niranj Maniyanpilla Raju, the actor son of Maniyanpilla Raju, has appeared in multiple films.
- He is a respected figure in the Malayalam film industry, and his talent and dedication have earned him the affection and admiration of his fans over the years.