BPSC Notification No. 68, 2022: The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) has announced the 68th Combined Preliminary Competitive Examination on its official website, bpsc.bih.nic.in. This exam will result in appointments for 281 positions. The positions that will become available before PT will be added to it. The online application period for the BPSC 68th preliminary exam will begin on November 25, 2022. Eligible and interested candidates can apply online at onlinebpsc.bihar.gov.in by December 20. The exam may be held in more than one shift depending on the number of applications received. This time, negative marking has been included in the examination. However, the candidates have been asked in the form for their thoughts on how much it will cost. There are three options. The option that the majority of candidates will select. The same option will be available in the exam.
Learn about the unique aspects of recruitment in this section.
1. These posts will be ofered
Deputy Superintendent of Police: 08 District Commander: 01 District Fire Officer: 19 Jail Superintendent: 02 State Tax Assistant Commissioner: 07 Junior Election Officer: 08 Under Registrar-Joint Under Registrar: 20 Labor Superintendent: 01 Planning-District Planning Officer: 03 Probation Officer: 01 Assistant Registrar Cooperation Committees: 04 01 Rural Development Officer: 07 Block Panchayat Raj Officer: 05 Reed Officer: 02 Bihar Education Service: 04 Labor Enforcement Officer: 35 Additional District Transport Officer: 01 Rural Development Officer: 40 Revenue Officer and equivalent: 39
Welfare Officer: 60 Supply Inspector: 14 Block Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
2. Educational requirements for the positions
Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in any discipline are eligible to apply. However, for the position of District Fire Officer, a bachelor’s degree in science or a diploma in fire engineering or mechanical/automobile engineering is required.
3. There will be 10 days after the application deadline for any type of error to be corrected.
4. Fee for Application
Rs 600 for general category candidates
Bihar SC, ST – Rs 150 Bihar women of all classes – Rs 150
PWD candidates pay Rs 150; all other candidates pay Rs 600.
5. BPSC 68th Recruitment Exam Dates and Results (BPSC 68th Exam Result Dates)
The 68th preliminary examination will take place on February 12, 2023. Its findings will be made public on March 27, 2023. The main exam will take place on May 12, 2023. The main examination results will be released on July 26, 2023. The interview will be released on August 11, 2023, and the final result will be released on October 9, 2023.
6. The Selection Procedure
Candidates will be chosen for the positions based on a preliminary examination, a main examination, and a personality test.
5. Physical Fitness
Male candidates for Bihar Police Service, District Commandant, and District Fire Officer positions must be at least 5 feet 5 inches tall and have a chest measurement of 32 inches without expansion. Women should be at least 5 feet 2 inches tall.
6. BPSC Preliminary Exam
In the BPSC 68th PT, 150 questions will be asked this time. All of these will be of the objective variety. We’ll see you in two hours. Negative marking will be used. This will pass candidates ten times the number of vacancies. Candidates who pass this will be invited to the Mains.
7. The main written exam will consist of three subjects. There will be two compulsory subjects: General Hindi (100 points) and English (100 points). This subject will require a minimum of 30% of your grade. However, its points will not be added to the merit list. General Studies II (Paper 1 and Paper 2) Each paper will be worth 300 points. Aside from that, each candidate must select an optional subject for a 300-point paper. The notification includes a list of optional subjects. Each subject will have a three-hour examination.
8. The candidate must select the optional subject when completing the online application for the main subject only. It will remain unchanged after selection.
9. Candidates who pass the main examination will be invited to an interview.
10. Merit List
The reservation category results will be issued by preparing a list based on 900 main examination marks and 120 interview marks out of a total of 1020 marks. In the event of a tie, the candidate with the higher Mains score will be placed higher. If the marks in the Mains are equal, the marks in the optional subject will be taken into account.