Latest

Related Posts

World Animal Road Accident Awareness Day 2023: Date, History, Facts about SUV Animal Accidents

It is intolerable to abandon an animal by the side of the road following an automobile accident. Each day, 630 felines perish in motor vehicle collisions. 75% of these incidents will have a chance of survival; however, this percentage drops to 25% in the event that the animal is provided with aid.

- Advertisement -

October 10 is World Animal Road Accident Awareness Day. This is an exceptional opportunity to bring attention to the issue of animals being abandoned or injured while traveling and occasionally suffering without proper care or assistance. It is a day to encourage drivers to reflect on their actions in the event of colliding with an animal. It is anticipated that by means of action and education, a greater number of animal owners will be spared the distress that traffic accidents cause and fewer animals will endure suffering. Many lives can be saved by exercising extra caution and focus while driving, but accidents do occur — even for the most animal-loving motorists.

The background of World Animal Road Accident Awareness Day

It is intolerable to abandon an animal by the side of the road following an automobile accident. Each day, 630 felines perish in motor vehicle collisions. 75% of these incidents will have a chance of survival; however, this percentage drops to 25% in the event that the animal is provided with aid. There are numerous efforts to inform the public about what to do in the event of a roadside animal encounter. Fortunately, the Cats Matter Organization has simplified the process of bringing attention to the issue. As the organization that propels Animal Road Accident Awareness Day, Cats Matter is devoted to this worthy cause.

- Advertisement -

It is projected that 100,000 foxes, 50,000 badgers, 50,000 deer, 30 million birds, and hedgehogs, which were previously the most endangered species with 29% of their lives lost to automobiles, will perish annually due to road fatalities.

The precise mortality rate is estimated by authorities to be around 70 million animals, according to a statistical analysis of those that may have evaded detection. Highways England asserts that 2,143 deceased animals were spotted across approximately 4,300 miles of road, which is less than one percent of the roads in the United Kingdom.

In the United Kingdom, drivers are obligated to inform law enforcement authorities in the event of a collision involving any of the subsequent animals: donkeys, mules, horses, cattle/cows, pigs, goats, sheep, or canines. While there is presently no legal obligation to document every animal fatality on the road, law enforcement advises motorists to notify the owners of domestic animals, including cats, regarding the incident. Regardless of the regulations in place, it is of the utmost importance that the animal is afforded the best opportunity feasible to recover from the initial impact.

Today’s news underscores the fact that numerous animals are neglected for no other reason than a driver’s failure to regard their life with sufficient regard.

World Mental Health Day 2023: Date, History, Facts about Mental Health

Cuba Independence Day 2023: Date, History, Facts about Cuba

Fiji Day 2023: Date, History, Facts about Fiji

5 FACTS REGARDING SUV ANIMAL ACCIDENTS

Given that this is the season for mating and foraging, when deer are at their most active, they have a tendency to venture beyond their customary range.

Additionally, animals may venture onto the road both before and after the sun rises, creating extremely hazardous conditions for vehicle-animal collisions.

Anticipate the sight of a flock of deer in the vicinity if you happen upon one while traveling.

Four to eight major animal-vehicle collisions transpire in Canada every hour.

An estimated one million to two million incidents between large animals (e.g., deer) and motor vehicles occur annually in the United States, costing at least $8 billion in property damage and other expenses, 200 human lives, and 26,000 injuries.

WORLD ANIMAL ROAD ACCIDENT AWARENESS DAY DATES

YearDateDay
2023October 10Tuesday
2024October 10Thursday
2025October 10Friday
2026October 10Saturday
2027October 10Sunday
Arshiya Khan
Arshiya Khanhttps://www.eduvast.com
Arshiya Khan is a Commerce graduate who loves to write on general and trending topics.

Popular Articles