How to create an email group on Outlook? If you’re looking to start building a strong email base for your business, it’s important to start by creating groups. Groups allow you to easily consolidate messages from different sources – such as customers, clients, and colleagues – into one place, making it easy to respond to everyone quickly and effectively. This guide will show you how to create a group in Outlook, step by step.
Creating a Group in Outlook
Creating an email group in Outlook is easy and can be done in just a few simple steps. First, open Outlook and create a new contact. Name the contact group and then click the Properties button. Under the Email tab, select the Group option and then enter the email addresses of the people you want to include in this group. You can add as many people as you want by clicking Add and then entering their email addresses. When you’re finished, click OK to close the Properties window. Now your new email group will be ready to use!
Adding Members to Your Group
Adding members to your email group is easy in Outlook. Just follow these steps:
- 1. Open Outlook and sign in.
- 2. Click the File tab and select New Email Group.
- 3. Enter the name of your email group in the Email Group Name text box and click OK.
- 4. In the Members area, click Add Members.
- 5. Enter the email addresses of the people you want to include in your group and click Add.
- 6. Close Outlook and confirm that your new members are included in your email group by viewing its contents in your email client or by visiting outlook.com/groups.
Managing Messages in Your Group
If you have a lot of emails to send out, or if you want to keep track of a particular message thread, you can create an email group in Outlook. You can use an email group to send messages as a group, share files and folders with the group, and more.
To create an email group in Outlook:
- 1. Open Outlook.
- 2. In the Navigation bar, click Groups.
- 3. In the Groups section, click the plus sign (+) to open the New Group dialog box.
- 4. Type a name for your group in the Name field, and then click OK.
- 5. In the Members of this Group dialog box, select the people you want to include in your group by clicking their name links.
- 6. Click OK to close the Members of this Group dialog box and return to the Groups section of Outlook.
- 7. Your new email group is now listed in the Groups section.
- 8. To send a message to all members of your email group, click the message icon next to the group’s name in the Groups section of Outlook.
- 9. To send a message to a specific member of your email group, type that person
Closing a Group in Outlook
If you have ever created or joined a group in Outlook, you know that it is easy to add members by email. However, if you want to close the group, it can be a bit more complicated.
To close a group in Outlook:
- 1. Open the group’s email account in Outlook.
- 2. Click the Groups tab on the navigation bar.
- 3. Under Group contents, click the down arrow next to the group’s name and select Close This Group from the list of options.
- 4. Type in a message explaining why you are closing the group andpress Send.