Want to update Aadhaar Card? Aadhaar Card serves as the most important document for Indian residents. It acts as both a proof of identity and a proof of residency, therefore it’s critical that the information be accurate and up to date.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) allows Aadhaar cardholders to quickly update their personal information. Whether it’s a change of address, or you want to update your mobile number, name, or date of birth, the authority’s official portal allows you to do so without any hassles.
Aadhaar information can also be updated online. Here’s how to update an Aadhaar card online:
- Step 1: Go to the Aadhaar Self-Service Update Portal at
- Step 2: Enter your Aadhaar number as well as the captcha code.
- Step 3: Enter the one-time password (OTP) that was sent to your registered mobile phone number. After that, you’ll be able to log into your Aadhaar account.
- Step 4: On the home screen, select Update Aadhaar Online.
- Step 5: Choose Update Aadhaar from the drop-down menu.
- Step 6: Select a field to edit and attach a scanned copy of supporting documents that go with it.
- Step 7: Once you’ve submitted all of the information, a URN, or Update Request Number, will be generated.
All you have to do now is monitor the URN to see if your Aadhaar information has been updated.
Going to the Permanent Enrolment Number, where the operator will collect the documentary information at the time of accepting the request, is one alternative for updating Aadhaar details. When the update request is filed, these papers are double-checked. When the Aadhaar details are confirmed, they are compared to the citizen’s Aadhaar number.