Basant Panchami 2024: Hindus celebrate Basant Panchami, also known as Vasant Panchami, as a way to honour Goddess Saraswati and usher in the spring. According to the Hindu Lunar Calendar, Basant Panchami falls on the “Panchami Tithi,” or fifth date, of the “Shukla Paksha,” or waxing phase of the moon, in the month of “Magh.”
The Basant Panchami 2024 date and muhurat
The celebration of Basant Panchami 2024 will take place on Wednesday, February 14th.
The Saraswati Puja will be performed during the Muhurat (timing) of 07:02 AM to 12:33 PM.
Who is Goddess Saraswati?
One of the three manifestations of the Feminine Divine, Goddess Saraswati is the partner of Lord Brahma, the Creator. She assisted Lord Brahma in creating the cosmos and is the goddess who bestows wisdom, knowledge, music, science, fine arts, and creative talents to Her followers.
The image of Goddess Saraswati shows Her sitting on a large white lotus, dressed in white, with a traditional Indian musical instrument called a “Veena” next to Her. She is regarded for leading an accomplished and very fulfilling academic life.
The Hindu community places great importance to Basant Panchami. Goddess Saraswati is highly revered by people who are pursuing education or who work in the academic field since She bestows wisdom upon Her followers.
Even if it’s only a casual habit, it’s customary to begin a child’s education on Basant Panchami, an auspicious day that marks the beginning of learning. Parents pray to Goddess Saraswati for her blessings so that their kid would have a wonderful future.
On the festival of Basant Panchami, it is rather typical to see youngsters worshipping to Goddess Saraswati in schools. In order to ask the Goddess for her blessings and to show their thanks for what they believe Her graces have brought about, artists and musicians honour her and adore her completely.
It is believed that without the wisdom and assistance of Goddess Saraswati, Lord Brahma would not have been able to finish the Creation.
It is desirable to start or carry out important projects and undertakings within a “Shubh” or auspicious Muhurat (window of time). For this reason, individuals speak with a qualified astrologer to determine which muhurat is ideal for carrying out particular life events, such as getting married, warming up a house, buying a property or car, launching a new company, etc.
Because Basant Panchami is such an auspicious day, the well-known “Aboojh Muhurat” is still in effect on that day. It is therefore not necessary to know a specific muhurat in order to execute any auspicious activity or attempt on this festival/occasion.
Basant Panchami Puja Vidhi
The following is the Vidhi, or method, for carrying out the Goddess Saraswati puja or devotion ceremony on Basant Panchami:
- Traditionally, worshippers create an idol of Goddess Saraswati from clay, adore it during pujas, and submerge it in a holy or pure body of flowing water.
- Create an idol of Goddess Saraswati or just have a photo or idol of her that you keep at your home’s puja altar forever.
- Present flowers of yellow hue to Goddess Saraswati, since they hold great significance for Her.
- Light an incense-filled ghee or oil lamp.
- Present the Goddess with Roli, Chandan, Haldi, Kesar, Akshat, and Sweets.
- If you are a student, keep your books and, if you are a musician, your instruments, as well as any other items or equipment that you can find that are related to your artistic effort, close at hand.
- With the deepest devotion, bow down to Her and ask for Her blessings.
- Say the Saraswati goddess’ prayer aloud or listen to it.
- Both share and consume the prasad, which is the sweets presented to the Goddess, within your family.