Online streaming giant Netflix has announced it will be soon adding a new feature to the platform called ‘Profile Transfer’. For those unaware, the video streaming service has been testing the feature for quite some time now.
According to the video streaming giant, the Profile Transfer feature allows users to transfer their ‘personalized recommendations, viewing history, My List, saved games, and other settings’ from one account to another.
“People move. Families grow. Relationships end. But throughout these life changes, your Netflix experience should stay the same, “ Timi Kosztin, Product Manager, Product Innovation, Netflix said in a blog post on Monday.
Netflix has already started to roll out the feature to all members around the world from Monday. Users will be notified by email as soon as the feature becomes available on their accounts.
How to transfer a profile to a new account
Users on an account can transfer an eligible profile to start a new account by following these steps:
- Using a web browser, sign into the account that has the profile you want to start a new account with
- Visit the Account page
- Alternatively, you can find this option in the profile selection drop-down on your homepage
- Select the profile you want to start a new account within the Profiles and Parental Controls section
- Select the Transfer link in the Transfer Profile section
- Note: We’ll keep a copy of the profile on the original account
- Enter the email address and password you would like to use for the new account
- Follow the prompts on the screen to finish setting up the account
Once you’re done transferring the profile, the new account will be ready for use!
If you started to transfer a profile (entered an email address and created a password), you can continue at any time by logging into netflix.com using a web browser with the email address and password you used to start the process, and select Finish Transfer and then follow the prompts on the screen.