BAOU Admission 2022: BAOU University has scored a National Education Award 2019 from ABP news. The award was in the best innovative government university category, and it is ranked number 828 in the country.BAOU University offers various UG (BEd. BA, BSc, etc.), Diploma, PG (MA, MEd, MSc, etc.), and certificate courses. It specializes in commerce, Computer Science, and management courses.
The admission to most BAOU courses is based on the overall aggregate of the last qualifying level. The institution compiles the merit list using students’ overall aggregates. For BEd, university admission is not merit-based.
The admission committee conducts an entrance test for all Bed applicants. The merit lists will be evaluated on the mark obtained in the entrance test.
- BAOU received an honor award from the 24th IDEA National Conference in 2022. The award was for being the best Open and Distance Learning Administrator.
- BAOU runs a foreign language certificate that certifies students in the French Language.
- BAOU runs a placement cell for passing out students. The cell is responsible for providing job opportunities in prestigious companies. In recent years BAOU graduates are receiving more than INR 7 20 000 per year as their starting packages.
- These are some companies recruiting BAOU graduates: BPOs, Adani Group, Aditya Birla Group, etc.
- BAOU professors have vast experience. Some of the professors at the university have more than ten years of experience teaching various subjects in commerce and computer science.
- Students interested in taking BAOU admission can start the registration process now. The 2022 admission process is going on, and the deadlines are approaching. Read below the information related to the ongoing admission process.
BAOU Latest Updates:
- The university will soon release the application form for the session 2022-23. Click here
- Admissions at BAOU are still going on, students can apply online through the official website till 28 February 2022. Click here for more information and instructions for an application form.
- Ph.D. Final Viva Voce.
- Exam Postponement Jan-2022.
- Ph.D. Admission 2022.
- Admission Open February 2022.
BAOU Admission Highlights
|University Name||Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University|
|Type of University||State University|
|University Contact Number||02717 297 170|
|UG Courses||BA, B.Com, B.Ed, Special B.Ed, BCA, BBA|
|PG Courses||MEG, MSO, MHD, MGT|
|Address||Jyotirmay Parisar, Opp. Shri Balaji Temple, Sarkhej-Gandhinagar Highway, Chharodi, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 382481|
|Location||Chharodi, Ahmedabad, Gujarat|
BAOU Admission 2022
The Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University offers UG, PG, and Ph.D. level courses. Students who have passed the 10+2 examination can apply for UG courses. PG admission requires a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field. A wide range of courses are offered throughout each academic session. Students can apply online through the university’s website.
BAOU UG Admission
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University Admission for the UG programs take place every year in the month of October. The university offers BA, B.Sc, B.Com, B.Lis, BSW, BCA, B.Ed, BBA, and other programs. Aspirants must have completed 12th grade with at least 50% marks from a reputable board or institute. However, some courses may require different grades.
BAOU Application Form Process 2022
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University offers admission on the basis of the application form. Check the eligibility criteria of the chosen program before applying for admission. The first students have to apply for admission. The Application form will be available online. Students can fill out the form through the steps given below.
How to Apply for BAOU Admission-
- Open the University official website
- Click on the Student corner tab and select the admission.
- The Admission page will be open and click on the application form button.
- Click on New application and fill in all the details.
- Upload all the necessary documents and pay the fee.
Required Documents of Admission
- Xth Class Marksheet/Certificate
- XIIth Class Marksheet/Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Address Proof
- Caste Certificate
- Passport size Photograph
BAOU Admission University Prospectus 2022:
The Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University (BAOU) was recognized by Act No.14 of 1994 passed by the Gujarat State Legislature and assented to by the Governor of Gujarat on 27th July 1994. The BAOU is the seventh Open University in the country in terms of its establishment. The University offers 72 programs with an employment of more than 1,00,000 learners. The University has more than 507 study centers. It has jurisdiction over the whole state of Gujarat. It is open to all persons irrespective of classes, castes, creed, religion, or sex. The BAOU is the seventh Open University in the country in terms of its establishment. The University offers 72 programs with an enrolment of more than 1,00,000 learners.
BAOU Admission Offered Courses
|Certificate in Food and Nutrition (CFN)|
|Certificate in Computing (CIC)|
|Certificate in Tourism Marketing (CTM)|
|Certificate in Tourism Management (CMT)|
|Certificate in Childcare and Development (CCCD)|
|Certificate in Personal Computer software (CPCS)|
|Certificate in Teaching of English (CTE)|
|Certificate in Environment Studies (CES)|
|Certificate in Communication Skills in English: Level-I (CCSE1)|
|Certificate in Computer Concept – BAOU (CCC-BAOU)|
|Certificate in Traditional Birth Attendant (CTBA)|
|Certificate in Better Parenting (CCBP)|
|Certificate in Yog Science (CYS)|
|Certificate in Naturopathy (CIN)|
|Certificate in Human Rights (CHR)|
|Certificate in Environment Awareness (CEA)|
|Certificate in Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Life and Thought (CALT)|
|Certificate in Anganwadi Workers (CCAW)|
|Certificate in NGO Management (CNM)|
|Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme|
|Diploma in Creative writing in English (DCE)|
|Diploma in Creative writing in Hindi (DCH)|
|Diploma in Financial Management (DFM)|
|Diploma in Advance cost Accounting (DACA)|
|Diploma in Advanced Accounting (DAA)|
|Diploma in Insurance (DIN)|
|Diploma in Operation Research (DOR)|
|Diploma in Mother & Child Health & Family Welfare (DMCH)|
|Diploma in Village Health Worker (DVHW)|
|Diploma in Sanskrit Language (DSL)|
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com.)|
|Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)|
|Master of Arts in English (MEG)|
|Master of Arts in Hindi (MHD)|
|Master of Arts in Sociology (MSO)|
|Master of Arts In Gujarati (MGT)|
|Foreign Language Certificate in English (FLCE)|
|Foreign Language Certificate in French (FLCF)|
|Diploma in Business Administration (DBA)|
|Diploma in Computer Application (DCA)|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)|
|BBA in Hotel and Tourism Management (BBAHT)|
|BBA in Air Travel Management (BBA)Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA)|
|BCA in Multimedia (BCA(MUL))|
|Bachelor in Media Graphics and Animation (BMGA)|
|Bachelor in Social Work (BSW)|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA)|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing (PGDM)|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Finance (PGDF)|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource (PGDHR)|
|Master in Social Work (MSW)|
|Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)|
BAOU University Academic Council
|Dr. Manoj D. Shah||Chairman|
|Dr. Dhaval Pandya||Member Secretary|
|Dr. Nilesh K. Modi||Member|
|Dr. Kruti Chhaya||Member|
|Dr. H. C. Sardar||Member|
Faculty at BAOU
- Shree O.P.Kohl (Chancellor)
- Dr. Pankaj Jani (Vice-Chancellor)
- Dr. Ami U. Upadhyay (Professor)
- Dr. Dhaval Pandya(Assistant Professor)
- Dr. Yogendra J. Parekh (Associate Professor)
- Dr. Hetal K. Gandhi (Assistant Professor)
- Dr. Himanshu N. Patel (Assistant Professor)
- Dr. Jayshree N. Gurjarv (Assistant Professor)
- Dr. Meena I. Rajput (Assistant Professor)
BAOU Affiliated Colleges List:
- DIMS Institute of Hotel Management
- Sardar Patel Institute Of Management Science and Technology
- Neelkanth School Of Hotel Management
- Sachdeva Institute of Education
- Jindal School of Hotel Management