Shrimanji Events Management Center International (SEMCI) has invited applications for the 23rd Nationwide Education and Scholarship Test (NEST-Senior) 2020. Students studying in 12th science, pursuing courses in science, engineering or medical stream or diploma course in engineering (final year) can apply for this. It is a national level scholarship test that is conducted at 65 major examination centers in the country.
Selected candidates for the test under the senior category will get scholarships up to Rs 40,000. The Students Unity Foundation of India has sponsored this scholarship.
For Nest Senior-I, 12th class (Science) or Engineering Diploma Final Year or First / Second-year students of Science / Engineering / Medical Sciences degree course can apply.
For Nest Senior-II third/fourth-year students of Science / Engineering / Medical Sciences can apply.
Students have many advantages of NEST. One gets a scholarship of 35 thousand in the NEST-Senior I category and Rs. 40,000 in the NEST-Senior II category. Its purpose is to encourage students to take the major exams at home and abroad. So that in the future more and more students can opt for higher education. NEST exam has been designed in such a way that students’ choice, skill, trends and studies can be brought together. The pattern of this is inspired by global exams like GMAT, GRE. However, its difficulty level is considered to be between JEE Advanced and Mains.
The last date for application is June 30, 2020. Students can also apply till November but for this, they will have to pay an additional late fee of Rs 100. You can also apply till December, for which students will have to pay an additional late fee of Rs 200.
How to Apply?
- For NEST Scholarship, you can submit forms and fees both offline and online.
- Register by clicking this link.
- After that click here and login and fill the form.
- You can submit the form by depositing the fees online by visiting the website, or after downloading the form, filling it and post a demand draft of the fee.
- A demand draft of Rs 600 (for NEST Senior-I) or Rs 700 (NEST Senior-II) will be made in favor of ‘SEMCI India’ for depositing fees in offline mode.
- After this, the form and demand draft has to be sent to the address ‘B-1, Piccadilly Flats, 57-J, Clear Road, Byculla, Mumbai-400008’.
The paper of NEST-1 and NEST-2 is divided into four sections. The first section is different for both the papers, the remaining sections are the same for both levels. The first section of NEST-1 is of Physics-Chemistry while in NEST-2 it is of Technical Aptitude. The second section is Maths or Biology, the third is the English Language, the is fourth Logical Reasoning and General Awareness. All sections are of 50-50 marks. There will be 200 questions in the paper which is of 200 marks. All questions are multiple-choice. The test is of 2 hours total.