UPSC IFS 2023 Notification: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has invited online applications for both the Civil Services and the Indian Forest Service Examination 2023. This exam will result in the appointment of 150 IFS officers. To become a member of this service, one must first pass the Civil Services preliminary exam. Then one must pass the Forest Service’s main examination and interview. Interested candidates can apply online for the preliminary examination by visiting upsconline.nic.in by February 21, 2023.
1. To take the Forest Service Mains exam, you must first pass the UPSC Civil Services Prelims. That is, the preliminary exams for both competitive exams will be the same. The Civil Services Prelims Exam will take place on May 28, 2023. The Forest Service Main Exam will take place on November 26, 2023.
Exam centres will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
2. According to the commission, the number of candidates in each examination centre is limited (except Chennai, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur). Exam centres will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. That is, the sooner you apply, the better your chances of getting the desired exam centre city.
Bachelor’s degree in any of the following subjects from a recognised Institute/University: Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, and Zoology. A bachelor’s degree in agriculture or forestry is required. Alternatively, a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required.
4. The total number of opportunities to appear in the examination has been set at a maximum of six. However, OBC candidates will be given nine chances, while SC/ST candidates will be given an unlimited number of chances.
5. Age Restrictions
– The minimum age is 21 years old. The maximum age should be under 32 years. Age will be calculated beginning on August 1, 2023. That is, the applicant must have been born between August 2, 1991 and August 1, 2002.
The maximum age limit is three years for OBC candidates, five years for SC/ST candidates, and ten years for physically handicapped candidates.
Sixth. Application Fee
– One hundred rupees. The fee must be paid in any State Bank branch using cash, net banking, or a Master Card/Debit Card. During the online application process, the payment option will be available.
SC/ST, Divyang, and female candidates will not be charged any fees.
7. Applicants will not be allowed to withdraw their applications after they have been submitted.