Bonza Bottler Day 2023: If you’re looking to kick off the new year with a bang, then why not join in on a bonza Bottler Day? On January 1, 2023, Australians all over the country will be celebrating one of the most iconic and beloved holidays – Bonza Bottler Day. This national holiday began as an ode to Australia’s history of rum-running and smuggling during the early 1800s. Nowadays, it is celebrated by people of all ages who come together to enjoy music, food, drinks and more. With plenty of surprises in store for attendees this coming year, read on to find out how you can join in on the festivities!
What is Bonza Bottler Day?
In Australia, Bonza Bottler Day is celebrated on the last Wednesday of January. On this day, people give their friends and loved ones bottled drinks as a way to say “thank you” or “I’m thinking of you.” It’s a fun and easy way to show your appreciation, and it’s a great excuse to enjoy some delicious beverages!
The History of Bonza Bottler Day
A day to celebrate all things Australian. This includes our unique culture, history and achievements. Here’s a bit of background on how this national day came about.
Bonza Bottler Day has its origins in the early days of European settlement in Australia. In those days, fresh water was a precious commodity and had to be rationed. One way to make sure everyone got their fair share was to issue each person with a ‘bonza bottler’ – a large container that held their daily allocation of water.
As time went on, the term ‘bonza bottler’ came to be used more broadly to describe anything that was great or impressive. And so, over time, January 26th became known as Bonza Bottler Day.
Nowadays, Bonza Bottler Day is a fun-filled celebration of all things Australian. There are parties and barbecues all around the country, with people coming together to enjoy our unique way of life. So if you’re looking for an excuse to celebrate Australia Day in style, head on down to your nearest bonza bottler party!
How to Celebrate Bonza Bottler Day
January 26th is Bonza Bottler Day, a day to celebrate Australia’s unique culture and heritage. Here are some ideas on how to celebrate:
- Have a barbie (barbecue) – This is a classic Aussie activity that can be enjoyed by everyone. Fire up the grill and cook some traditional Australian food like snags (sausages), lamb, or steak. Don’t forget the Vegemite!
- Go for a swim – With temperatures often reaching over 30 degrees Celsius (86 Fahrenheit), January is a great time to hit the beach or pool. Soak up some sun and enjoy the water!
- Watch or play some cricket – Cricket is one of Australia’s most popular sports. If you’re not familiar with the game, now is a great time to learn. Or, just sit back and enjoy watching others play.
- Visit an Australian landmark – There are many iconic Australian landmarks worth visiting, such as Uluru (Ayers Rock), the Great Barrier Reef, or Bondi Beach. Pick one (or more!) and go explore!
- Enjoy some Aussie music – From AC/DC to Kylie Minogue, there are plenty of great Australian musicians to enjoy. Put on your favorite tunes and have a sing-along!
Bonza Bottler Day Activities
There are a few key Bonza Bottler activities that should not be missed on this special day! Here are our top picks:
- Visit the local Bottlery – This is a great way to learn about the history of Bonza Bottler Day and see how the bottles are made. Most bottleries offer tours and tastings, so you can sample some of the delicious products while you’re there.
- Go on a Bottle Hunt – A bottle hunt is a fun activity for kids and adults alike. Hide bottles around your neighborhood or local park and see who can find them all first. Be sure to have some prizes on hand for the winners!
- Make Your Own Bonza Bottles – This is a great activity for groups or parties. All you need are some empty bottles, some paint or markers, and your imagination. Get creative and design your own unique Bonza Bottles to take home with you.
- Have a Picnic – What could be more perfect than enjoying a picnic lunch surrounded by beautiful bonza bottles? Pack up your favorite food and drinks, grab a blanket, and find a spot in your local park or nearby nature reserve to relax and enjoy the day.
Bonza Bottler Day is a great way to kick off the year and it’s sure to be an exciting and festive event. Get ready for all of the fun, food, music, and festivities that are sure to come with this special occasion. Whether you’re planning on attending or not, Bonza Bottler Day is an amazing celebration of community spirit that should never be forgotten. So mark your calendar now – January 1st 2023 will surely be one day you won’t want to miss!
Bonza Bottler Day Dates: