Surya Grahan 2023: On April 20, 2023, the first solar eclipse of 2023 will occur. It will assume three distinct forms that will make it noteworthy. It contains information on annular, total, and partial solar eclipses. When the moon passes in front of a small portion of the Sun and blocks some of its light, a partial solar eclipse occurs. In contrast, an annular solar eclipse occurs when the moon passes directly between the sun and the earth, blocking the sun’s light and leaving only a ring of light visible around the circumference.
Surya Grahan 2023
Surya Grahan 2023: Date and Time
When the Sun, Moon, and Earth are in a straight line, a portion of the planet is completely enveloped in darkness. This year’s first solar eclipse will occur on Thursday, April 20. The eclipse will commence at 7:04 a.m. and last until 12:29 p.m.
Solar Eclipse 2023: Precautions
- During the solar eclipse, slumber is prohibited. This recommendation is particularly for the elderly and sick. According to astrology, it has negative health consequences.
- Cooking or eating must also be avoided during an eclipse, as it can be harmful to your health and cause problems for the residents.
- It is against the law to touch or venerate deities. In reality, after the solar eclipse, you must cleanse everything and then pray.
- Women who are pregnant should avoid viewing the eclipse. Additionally, they should not go outside or engage in any activity that exposes them to radiation.
- Two days prior to this solar eclipse, the Sun will change signs, and Devguru Jupiter will pass the Earth two days after the eclipse.
- The Sutak time of this eclipse will not be considered because it will not be visible in India.
Solar Eclipse 2023: Significance
The Surya Grahan or Solar Eclipse is an astronomical phenomenon that occurs when the Moon passes between the Earth and the Sun, obstructing the Sun’s rays and casting a shadow on the Earth. The upcoming Surya Grahan will occur on April 20, 2023.
The Surya Grahan bears great significance in Hinduism. It is believed that the Sun and the Moon are in a diminished state during the Surya Grahan. Making it an inauspicious time for new beginnings because the cosmic energy is not supportive.
During the Surya Grahan, it is also believed that negative energy is amplified, increasing the likelihood of accidents, blunders, and natural disasters. During the Surya Grahan, many people observe fasts and perform puja rituals to fend off negative energies and seek divine blessings.
The Surya Grahan can also affect individual horoscopes and planetary positions from an astrological standpoint. It is believed that the position of the Sun and Moon during an eclipse can influence an individual’s fortune. Astrologers frequently offer advice on how to navigate the period during and after the eclipse.