Vrischika Sankranti 2023: The holy day of Vrischika Sankranti, sometimes spelt Vrischika Sankramanam, honours the passage of the Sun from the Tula Rashi to the Vrischika Rashi. In the Gregorian calendar, this change corresponds to the Sun moving from the Libra to the Scorpio zodiac signs. The eighth position belongs to the Vruschika Rashi in the Indian astrology Rashi system.
This planetary motion of the Sun God renews its energy at a certain period of the year known as Vrischika Sankranti. Beginning with Vrischika Sankranti, the Tamil and Malayalam calendars’ respective “Karthigai Masam” and “Vrischika Masam” seasons officially begin. The Hindu community holds this day in high regard, and the Vrischika Sankranti rites are observed with great dedication and fervour.
Vrischika Sankranti 2023 Date
Beginning with Vrischika Sankranti, the Sun moves from the Tula Rashi (the sign of Libra) to the Vrischika Rashi (the sign of Scorpio).The date for Vrischika Sankranti in 2023 is November 17.
Time: November 17 at 1:23 PM.
Vrischika Sankranti Rituals
• The Sun God is worshipped on Vrischika Sankranti. Hindu worshippers pray to Surya Bhagwan, asking for His heavenly blessings.
• Sankraman Snan, Vishnu Puja, and Daan are all blessed on Vrischika Sankranti. The ‘daan’ ritual on this day must be conducted at a certain time to reap the most rewards.
• The ‘Shradh’ and ‘Pitru Tarpan’ rites are fundamental to Vrischika Sankranti.
• The auspicious period of Vrischika Sankranti starts sixteen ghatis (1 day = 60 ghatis) before the Sankranti moment.
• Between the beginning of the auspicious time and the actual moment of Sankranti, Punya or Daan activities should be carried out.
• On Vrischika Sankranti, it is said that giving a cow to a Brahmin will confer upon the spectator incalculable qualities.
• It is thought to be immensely useful to read Hindu religious texts like “Vishnu Sahasranama” and “Aditya Hrudayam.”
• Devotees also chant or recite Vedic mantras or stotras in praise of the Sun God.
Vrischika Sankranti is a Hindu festival that is observed by devotees with tremendous fervour. They consider the day suitable for a holy bath, charitable deeds, and other pious pursuits. To obtain Lord Vishnu’s blessings, doing an elaborate puja is one of the most important tasks.
I assume you’re curious as to why the holiday is honoured. The start of the Karthigal Masam, a day revered because the sun moved from the sign of Tula (Libra) to Vrischika (Scorpion), begins on Vrischika Sankranti, according to the Tamil calendar.
There are 12 Sankrantis in a year, and each one ushers in a fresh Hindu month, according to the Hindu Solar Calendar. For Hindus, especially those who live in eastern India, Vrischika Sankranti is one of the most fortunate days. In Hindi, the term “san” denotes “a lot,” whereas the word “kranti” suggests “radical change.” Sankranti is therefore believed to usher in a number of positive improvements in our lives.
Scorpions should take care of their parents on Vrishchik Sankranti by touching their feet and providing for them. Keeping a Peepal leaf at work on Mondays and one leaf on the day of the native’s constellation birth provides success and opens up new financial opportunities.
Vrishchika Sankranti Punya Kaal
Many zodiac signs believe the Sun’s transit on the day of Vrischika Sankranti to be lucky. Astrologers claim that as a result of this transformation, those born under the sign of Scorpio would profit in their careers and businesses. On this day, work can be stopped, and respect will rise along with it. In terms of astrology, this transit is extremely favourable. The confidence of those born under the sign of Scorpio rises on this day. A person is treated with more respect in society on the day of Scorpio Sankranti. On this day, one should not make any form of brag. Loss could ensue from doing so. The speech should be nice on the day of Scorpio Sankranti.
The mythological concept of Sankranti is that of a deity. A demon by the name of Shankarsura was allegedly killed by Sankranti. Each Sankranti’s age, form, attire, direction, pace, and fruit are specifically addressed in the Panchang. The Punya Kaal should be used for Sankranti activities, including washing, offering Naivedya to Lord Surya, giving Daan or Dakshina, conducting Shraddha rites, and fasting or Parana. Punya Kaal festivities are delayed till the following sunrise if Sankranti falls after sundown. All of the auspicious things should be done during the day.
The night of the Lord is represented by Dakshinayana, while the day of the Lord is represented by Uttarayana, according to the scriptures. The sun is moving towards the south at this time. For this occasion, when the Sun also influences all zodiac signs, people bathe in sacred locations along the Ganga, Godavari, Krishna, and Yamuna rivers and recite mantras.
The Sun is in the Southern Hemisphere during Scorpio Sankranti. As a result, India’s winters have long nights and brief days.
During Vrischika Sankranti, devotees worship the Sun God in a variety of ways. During this time, altruistic endeavours are more fruitful than usual.
In various parts of the nation, the Vrischika Sankranti event is observed under various names. A special meaning is attached to gifts of urad, rice, gold, woollen clothing, blankets, etc.
Vrischika Sankranti 2023 Wishes
1. May the auspicious Vrischika Sankranti occasion bring you happiness and wealth.
2. Wishing you a joyous and wonderful Vrischika Sankranti that is full of cosiness and community.
3. On this day of Vrischika Sankranti, may the sun’s rays bless you with positivity and joy.
4. May your life be full of fresh starts and opportunities as the sun enters Vrischika Rashi.
5. Wishing you a happy Vrischika Sankranti celebration from the bottom of my heart.
6. May Vrischika Sankranti, the harvest festival, bring you prosperity and success.
7. May you and your family be blessed with health and happiness on this auspicious day.
8. May your Vrischika Sankranti celebrations be flavoured by the deliciousness of jaggery and sesame seeds.
9. I’m wishing you a day full of vibrant rangolis, delectable treats, and joy.
10. On Vrischika Sankranti, may your life’s happy kites sail high in the sky.
11. May the ambiance of the event and the warmth of the campfire keep you happy.
12. May your goals and desires soar like a kite on Vrischika Sankranti.
13. Warmest of wishes for a successful and abundant Vrischika Sankranti.
14. May Lord Surya’s blessings fill your life with joy and peace.
15. Wishing you a Vrischika Sankranti full of love, joy, and treasured moments with family and friends.