President Ram Nath Kovind Live Independence Day 2020 Eve Speech: President Ram Nath Kovind on Friday addressed the nation on the eve of 74th Independence Day.
Highlights of his speech as follows.
- We have learnt some tough lessons in the year 2020. The invisible virus has demolished the illusion that human being is the master of nature. I believe, it is still not too late for humanity to correct its course and live in harmony with nature.
- Our brave soldiers laid down their lives defending our borders. Those worthy sons of Bharat Mata lived and died for national pride. The entire nation salutes the martyrs of Galwan Valley.
- Even while the world community needs to fight together against the greatest challenge before humanity, some in our neighbourhood tried to carry out their misadventure of expansion.
- The nation is indebted to doctors, nurses and other health workers who have been continuously on the forefront of our fight against this virus. Unfortunately, many of them have lost their lives battling the pandemic. They are our national heroes.
- Celebrations of Independence Day this year will be rather restrained. The world confronts a deadly virus which has disrupted all activities & taken a huge toll. It has altered the world we lived in before pandemic.
- We are fortunate that Mahatma Gandhi became the guiding light of our freedom movement. As much a saint as a political leader, he was a phenomenon that could have happened only in India.